Radar Dome Ex
The Ex-Radome is a system designed primarily for X-band Radar, designed for equipment needing an Ex-protected enclosure for harsh weather conditions.
Radar Dome Ex(p)
The Ex-Radome is a system designed primarily for X-band Radar, both with respect to physical dimensions and frequency but may be used for all kinds of surveillance equipment needing an Ex-protected enclosure for harsh weather conditions.
It is constructed to fulfil the European Normatives EN 50014 and consists of a dome made from fibreglass composite and a stainless steel support structure. It includes a purging and overpressure control system to ensure an Ex-safe environment. It also includes ex-safe work-light and ex-safe power outlet, as well as a shutdown-protected electrical distribution cabinet. An internally mounted gas detector is optional.
Areas of use
- Oil platform surveillance radar systems – Ex(p)-certified for explosion-hazardous environments if required
- Ship surveillance radars
- Oil field surveillance vessels
- Harbour radar / radio surveillance
- Coastal zone radar surveillance
- VTMS – Vessel Traffic Management System
- May also be used as LAER (Local Area Equipment Room)
Electrical Apparatus for potentially explosive atmospheres EN 50014
Pressurization EN 50016 / ATEX
Click photo for technical information